Petition to Sell Minor’s Interest

When the Personal Representative desires to sell real property out of an estate in which a minor has a legal interest, the Personal Representative must petition the Probate Court to approve the desired sale. In these types of cases, the Probate Court also appoints a Guardian ad Litem to serve as the minor’s advocate and represent the minor’s interests during the court proceeding. These types of cases generally proceed in very similar fashion to regular petitions to sell real property with the exception of the appointment of the Guardian ad Litem to represent the minor’s interests. The attorneys at Charles S. Bradford, P.A. have a thorough understanding of this process and are eager to assist and advise clients in petitioning to sell a minor’s interest in real property.